Monday, October 19, 2009

* God Cleanses His People * (Dream)

October 15th, 2009


Dream:


This dream began with me declaring, "Soon, God will cleanse His People! He will completely cleanse their thoughts and actions."


When I said, "their thoughts," I knew it was everything that went with our own way of thinking, that would be cleansed. Human perspectives, evil and good. Human attempts to understand and be wise. It was our very self nature and self made wisdom.


I was then looking at myself, I was full of darkness inside. Then something like a cloud began to fill me from the bottom to the top of my being. I saw it fill me all the way to the top of my head. I knew this cloud was God filling me with Himself. I knew that as He filled me, He was replacing my thoughts and actions with His thoughts and actions. In a moment I was being absolutely renewed. This was to show me what He soon intends to do for all of His people!




My Thoughts:


This experience was a tremendous feeling. In my life, I struggle so hard to be free of my thoughts and actions and to choose God's ways. But this cleansing will be a miraculous work done by God, based on his ability, not mine. It will be a supernatural work of grace. Upon waking from this dream I was filled with hope that I will not be desperately bound to my foolish and human way of thinking forever. Here on earth, God is going to take His people and truly transform them.


It was also known that when this cleansing takes place we will finally be able to serve God and accomplish His will. Up until this point we have mostly blundered in our own strength, falling to our own perspectives and impulses. I now firmly believe a victorious church is going to arise on the earth!


Verses:


In the word of God, thoughts and actions often seem to be paired together as they were in my dream. A distinct separation is made in Isaiah between God's thoughts & actions and ours.
For My thoughts are not your thoughts. Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.
Isaiah 55:8
Also James 4:8 makes the call for our thoughts and actions to be cleansed very clear.


Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
James 4:8
(Other verses that show this distinction: Genesis 6:5, Isaiah 59:7, 65:2, 66:18, Micah 4:12, Matthew 15:19)


However, in the dream it was clear that God would be the one who cleanses His people. It is going to be a divine work. Perhaps a worldwide revival of some sort.


There are similar promises described in the prophets. I believe we are in the age of history when we will experience the reality of these promises being fulfilled. There is one main verse I would like to bring your attention to, which describes the heart of this.
Behold, I am going to send My messenger, and he will clear the way before Me And the Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple; and the messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight, behold, He is coming," says the LORD of hosts.
"But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner's fire and like fullers' soap.
He will sit as a smelter and purifier of silver, and He will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, so that they may present to the LORD offerings in righteousness. . .


Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD gave attention and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who esteem His name. "They will be Mine," says the LORD of hosts, "on the day that I prepare My own possession, and I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him."
So you will again distinguish between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve Him.
Malachi 3:1-3, 16-18
I believe this dream is from God and is a promise of hope to His body, that HE will cleanse them and make them pure to serve Him. This wonderful event will happen soon and will be a relief to so many of us who have longed to be free from the body of death!


David H.

No comments: